AED LAW CENTER – HOME
AED Law Center – Home
Welcome to the AED Law Center™. Here you will find:
- Full versions of AED laws (statutes and regulations) for every state
- AED Law Profiles containing clear, authoritative analysis and explanations of laws for every state, in plain English
- Nationwide AED legislation tracking
NOTE: AED Laws, AED Law Profiles and AED LegTrack are only available to AED Law Center Subscribers. Not yet a subscriber? Click here to subscribe now.
As you use this resource, please keep the following caveats in mind:
INFORMATION FOUND IN THE AED LAW CENTER IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL SERVICES. IF YOU NEED LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL SERVICES SPECIFIC TO YOUR SITUATION, PLEASE CONSULT WITH A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY.
The AED Law Center may not contain all laws potentially applicable to AED programs and people or to every situation. Nor does this resource include potentially applicable local laws. We’ve made good faith and diligent efforts to include those state laws believed to be most useful to AED program managers and others interested in this issue but it is possible we may have missed some.
AED LAW FRAMEWORK
By way of background, AED laws exist in every state but they are different in every state. AED laws and legislation address one or more of the following three subject areas. Not all states address all subject areas.
- Administrative and operational requirements: A description of the things you must do to administer and operate your AED program. Such as: maintain AEDs, train people, receive medical direction, report to agencies, and more.
- Good Samaritan immunity: Legal protections that may (or may not) be available for your organization and people when reasonably trying to help someone having cardiac arrest.
- AED placement mandates: A list of the types of organizations that must have AEDs. Such as: health clubs, schools, high-population buildings, and others.
HOW TO USE THE AED LAW CENTER
To access state AED laws, click the AED Laws link and then select the state of interest. To access state AED Law Profiles, click the AED Law Profiles link and then select the state of interest. If your subscription includes legislation tracking, AED legislation can be accessed by clicking the AED LegTrack link.
We welcome feedback and questions. Please send your comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AED Law Center - from Readiness Systems
readisys.com | email@example.com | (855) 291-9100
© Readiness Systems - All rights reserved